Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Let's Get Started!

I guess a good place to start would be with something to work on.  I found an ad on the local kijiji for what was described as a "vintage 1959 innocenti lambretta 175".  The ad had some crummy pictures of an unloved Lambretta tucked in a makeshift shed and went on to state that it still ran and drove well, was all original, and that only serious inquires were welcome.

I did some quick googling, and based on what I could find about years, paint colours, and the 175 displacement, I figured that it was a TV 175.  Some more googling suggested that these are kinda really awesome to have.


I contacted a friend of mine who gave me some more information, confirmed my findings, and generally supported my insane desire to buy it.   So I did.  I paid $1000, which was the limit I had put on what I would spend for it.

I brought it home today (ok, so actually yesterday, it's late).  It's actually a 1961, based on the frame number.   That's where I am now-with a Lammy that needs some love.  Pictures tomorrow.

Next Step:  I found an online parts catalogue at Scooter Help.  I'm going to print it out as a reference to assist me in figuring out what should be where and what isn't there.

Damage So Far:  $1000 + Paper and Ink that I've stolen from my parents XD

2 comments:

  1. Certifiable. Toys in the attic. Suitable case for treatment. Good thing you are working out to build up the muscles in that kick-start leg. Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But.... You knew all that BEFORE I bought a Lammy. What can I say, I started wandering and someone lead me astray. :)

    ReplyDelete