Monday, January 3, 2011

Legshields and horncasts and bridge pieces, oh my!

Happy New Year, Lambroni!

Today was a productive day.  After much sweating and cursing last night, and wondering what parts I need to pull off just to get those effin legshields off, I did it!   This is good because I've found a gent in Niagra who is wanting to trade my legshields for a horncast.  Win-Win!  I hope, anyways.  They're in very rough condition, so I hope he is aware of how rough that actually is.

My scooter-guru-friend Angelo suggested I take the headset off to pull the legshields off, which would have been preferable, except I have no tool for the giant hex nut (?) at the bottom of the headset.  I'm not sure, but it seemed instrumental in headset removal.  That's fine though, because I managed to gently squeeze the legshields off around the frame, as was also suggested.

I'm still waiting for my bridge piece, hopefully it will be here soon.  :D

Here is a picture of my three lucky, non-italian-parts, washers/pennies.  Um...not really sure what to say about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment